Go back to "Our Blog"
HOW TO EAT SLOWLY AND MINDFULLY?
In a recent post (Why Eat Slowly & Mindfully), we outlined the importance of eating slowly and mindfully. These benefits certainly make sense, but they don’t provide an actionable approach to doing so. The key to eating slowly and mindfully is to learn how. Here are some tips:
- Remove distractions, such as your phone, TV, or computer
- Eat foods that need to be chewed
- Between each bite – put down your utensils, take a sip of water, engage in conversation if you’re eating with someone
- Focus on being “in the moment” while eating – savor the food at each bite
- Try to add 1 minute to each meal and progress from there
In case you forgot…Developing the skill of “how” to eat sets a firm foundation for everything else that comes after. This is why it’s such an obvious place to start out when it comes to improving your nutrition. Eat slowly. Eat mindfully.