October 14, 2022
Go back to "Our Blog"
WHY EAT SLOWLY AND MINDFULLY?
When starting out, many of us believe the focus should be on what we’re eating or how much we’re eating. Those aspects are certainly the nuts and bolts of nutrition, but focusing on “how” you eat can be just as important. Specifically, eating slowly and mindfully. This is where many of our client’s begin their journey. Here’s why:
- Universal to any food, diet, or situation
- Simple – why complicate things from the start?
- Satiety – be satisfied with less food, without feeling deprived
- Internal cues – getting in tune with your body to determine what “hungry” or “full” means for you
- Digestion – less potential GI issues
- Awareness of emotions and stress to disrupt potential of overeating
Developing the skill of “how” to eat sets a firm foundation for everything else that comes after. This is why it’s such an obvious place to start out when it comes to improving your nutrition. Eat slowly. Eat mindfully.